Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trying something new..

Well, I did not have as much stitching time last weekend as I hoped, but I did finish my June Lizzie*Kate block.  I didn't, however, get the finishing done, so I will wait until that is complete to show you a picture.  I hope that by next WIPocalypse report to have that.


So, I needed some more colors of floss to work on the July Lizzie*Kate block, so I went to my not so LNS to get it last week.  And, since I was there, I just had to look around - right?  Well I did get some new cross stitch stash that I will have to show you later because I forgot to take a picture of it, and it is upstairs and I am down.  But, I also looked in the sale bin at the LNS and saw this kit.  Well, I have been seeing other blogs with this kind of work and thinking it was gorgeous, sooo...  Meet my new insanity...   I just could not pass this up, I just loved the colors, etc, etc, etc  So, Friday night I sat down to stitch the little center square, and thought I was doing great.  However, when I went to put the center diamonds in, they wouldn't fit.  So I had to take it out and start all over again.  Bummers.


So this morning I started it again, and took it with me to a stitch in with some friends I met at MB last year, and I was able to finish the middle square.  When I first saw the chart, I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to stitch and that it would be a fast finish.  I have changed my opinon on that, but have not lost my love of it - Yet.

Tomorrow being Father's Day, DH and I are taking the boat up to Louisville and putting it in the Ohio river for a boat ride - his choice.  DD Lisa and DS#2 Matt and DGD Lily will join us with another couple.  So, by the time we get home tomorrow night,  I won't be worth much.  So, I am hoping to get some stitching done in the evenings this week.  My work schedule has been all adjusted to allow for me to cover for my boss on Monday and to take Tuesday off to go to my GP for my six month's checkup.  The scary thing is, I am going to take part of Tuesday and go back to my LNS for some more floss that I want for another project.  I hope (I think) that there aren't any more of those needlepoint kits in the sale bin then. LOL

Well, I hope this post finds you all enjoying your summer and getting lots of stitching done.  I do so appreciate you visiting my blog and for leaving such kind comments.

Until next time, have a happy, healthy, stitchy time!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Beth. Your needlework is beautiful. Good luck staying in love with it.

Shelleen said...

I just tagged you in my blog. Go check it out and have fun.